ISO 9001:2015 - Quality control
At Jensen Metal we take pride in supplying the best quality. Therefore, we maintain a close dialogue with our customers on the inspections that need to be performed on a specific product.
In 2005 our Steel department obtained the ISO 9001 certification, and in 2011 our Stainless department also obtained the ISO 9001 certification. This ensures even better organisation of our quality control and guarantees you, as a customer, the highest quality.
See our certificate here.
ISO 3834-2:2005 - Welding quality
ISO 3834-2 defines comprehensive quality requirements for fusion welding of steel, both in workshops and when installed in demanding environments.
This certification applies to all departments of Jensen Metal SIA.
See our certificate here.
Personal welding certificates
At Jensen Metal, all welders who perform particularly demanding welding activities have the required personal welding certificates, e.g. pipe welding certificates and ASME certificates.
DS/EN 1090-1:2009 - CE marking
Jensen Metal SIA is DS/EN 1090-1 certified at execution class 2 to CE mark building components in carbon and stainless steel. See our certificate here.
Jensen Metal is also authorised to CE mark according to the European Parliament and the Council Directive 2006/42/EC of 17 May 2006 on machinery (Machinery Directive).
If, prior to submission of an order, a buyer specifies that there are special requirements for traceability, either traceability of a raw material or traceability in accordance with EU Regulation 1935/2004 on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, Jensen Metal can provide the required documentation.
See our declaration of conformity.
All of our production units are approved by the local environmental authorities. We make an active effort to ensure that all regulations and environmental approvals are complied with.
We constantly work to
- identify methods and chemicals that have less impact on the environment.
- introduce energy optimisation that has an overall positive impact on our environment.
No products produced and delivered by Jensen Metal contain conflict minerals - tin, tantalum, tungsten, gold - originating from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) or surrounding countries and regions. Download our declaration on Conflict Minerals here.
None of the products we sell or manufacture for our customers are affected by the European Parliament and the Council Regulation (EC) no. 1907/2006 of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH).
One of the regulation's requirements is that manufacturers and importers must register any chemicals/substances of which they import over 1 tonne a year. Another requirement is that they must inform customers if the customer's product contains a concentration of over 0.1% of any substances on the candidate list. A third requirement is that they must not use any substances on the list in annex XVII.
Jensen Metal fully complies with these requirements. In addition, Jensen Metal does not use any non-EU suppliers of substances and materials.
Download our REACH declaration here.
Jensen Metal confirms that any components manufactured by us comply with the European Parliament and the Council Directive 2011/65/EU of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
For the purposes of this Directive, the following substances (homogeneous materials) are subject to restrictions which imply that no more than the maximum concentration value by weight, as specified in Annex II, shall be tolerated:
• Lead (0.1%)
• Mercury (0.1%)
• Cadmium (0.01%)
• Hexavalent chromium (0.1%)
• Polybrominated biphenyls (0.1%)
• Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (0.1%)
Download our RoHS declaration here.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
CSR is also important to Jensen Metal. Therefore, we comply with the following 10 clauses:
- Companies must support and respect the protection of nationally declared human rights
- Companies must ensure that they are not involved in any breach of human rights
- Companies must support the precautionary principle in the face of environmental challenges
- Companies must take steps to promote greater environmental accountability
- Companies must support the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly technologies
- Companies must uphold the freedom of assembly and the right to collective bargaining
- Companies must support the eradication of all forms of involuntary and enforced work
- Companies must support effective abolition of child labour
- Companies must eradicate discrimination in respect of recruitment and employment
- Companies must work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Download our full CSR declaration here.